The Pop Up Gallery is available for hire at the following rates:
Jan – Feb £150.00
March – Oct £185.00
All rates are per week plus VAT inclusive of electricity.
We also require a Key and Decoration deposit of £50.00 which is returnable at the end of the hire period.
For further information contact Ali Russell on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01285 657181
Guidelines for curating or dressing the Pop Up Gallery
Whatever your motivation for hiring our pop up studio, whether it is to show your work to a new audience, sell your work or just to gain experience, you will want to get the best out of hire period. The Pop Up space is your blank canvas; you need to create an atmosphere that compliments your work and shows it to its best advantage.
The following guidelines should help:
- Lighting - bringing in a few spotlights or lamps can help with the ambiance.
- Music - radio or cd for ambient sound.
- Smell - a nice air freshener.
- Flowers - a display of some sort of fresh natural material is always appealing.
- Twinkly lights - help near Christmas or any other time.
- Window display - An eye- catching display in the prominent space will help draw customers in.
- Poster - a striking, well designed poster outside helps to attract attention to your exhibition.
- Private View - Invitation cards to an opening with wine and nibbles for your friends/supporters.
- Freebies - have sweets, cakes or something small available for customers.
- Warmth - make sure the heating is on in the winter.
- Display cabinets/plinths - we do have plinths that you can borrow and glass display cabinets you may be able to hire - especially good for jewellery.
- Business Cards - people often take a long time to decide about purchasing art so if you have a business card for people to take away, they can find you when they want to.
- Check with Ali - we often have special events going on which you may be able to link in with.
- Clear notices - saying that you are in the space "for two weeks only".
- Price list - Check that your pricing is realistic i.e. not too expensive or too cheap and that it is in line with the sort of prices at NBA (price point is between £100 - £500).
- Soft Furnishing - e.g. a small sofa or bench - people can look at things for their home sitting down.
- Visitor or comments book - collect email addresses/telephone numbers - this is a way to expand your supporters and get feedback
How to apply
Complete the application form below and send it to us by email or in the post.
If you would like to have an information discussion please call Ali Russell on 01285 657181 or email email@example.com