This 10 week course will teach you how to use and get the best out of your digital camera.
'Seeing, imagining, capturing and then learning to process your images with Photoshop'
In this course you will learn:
- Basic Introduction to digital photography – types of cameras, settings and options, etc.
- Using your camera – how to get the best from them, apertures, shutter speeds, colour temperature, ISO settings, Exposure modes etc.
- Manual shooting mode – metering, lenses, focus modes, file formats, etc.
- Image composition and construction. Seeing the image, imagining the final look, building up the image using visible elements, using the light, controlling exposure settings, focus points and hyperfocal distances, filters, etc.
- What to do and how to do it – when we captured the image, where do we store, how do we access it and process it, how to go to print or to email it. Software for image processing
- Using Photoshop. The workspace and introduction to initial tasks and operations.
- Photoshop – Camera RAW, JPEGs, storing and importing images etc.
- Photoshop – common photo tasks, camera and general photo adjustments, etc.
- Photoshop - layers and selections etc.
- Photoshop – art and special effects etc.
- Practical work such as how to handle moving subjects, landscapes, street and people photography as well as portraiture in available light.
- Understanding exposures and how to manipulate your camera controls by reading histograms etc.
Tutor: Graham Light
Date & Time: Tuesday mornings, 11am - 2:30pm
Venue: Community Room, The Barrel Store
PRICE: £195.00 (£0.00 VAT)
All abilities welcome
What you will need:
Your camera and laptop
w/c 9th Jan
11th Feb - 19th Feb
w/c 20th March