The Thrifty Crafter Do you find that you would like to make things, but materials are too expensive, would you like to make more with what you already have? Then this course is for you.
Bring in your old things and you’ll have some great new projects to take home at the end of each week.
Over 5 weeks we’ll be making good use of some of the things we regularly throw away, those annoying bits of plastic that you can’t recycle, or sheets and clothing that are worn out. We’ll use crochet hooks, scissors, needles and sewing machines — no prior skills are required, but do bring along that pile of mending and we’ll put it all to good use.
Week by Week
• Turn your holey T-shirts into yarn and crochet them into a new bathmat.
• Turn plastic film into a new material that you can sew into useful storage pots.
• Macramé a pot holder from dis-carded rope or your own yarn.
• Try your hand at visible darning for all those moth-ridden jumpers.
• Make a patchwork rug from old jeans.
Tutor: Katy Bevan
Date & Time: Wednesday, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Venue: Albright Studio, New Brewery Arts
PRICE: £180.00 (£0.00 VAT)
What you will need: