A 2 day workshop to discover yourself and the artist within. The freedom of abstract will release your artistic self and is a remarkably energising process.
The workshop will take you through a straightforward initial process working with supplied object references, making exploratory drawings and exercises in semi-abstract. moving away from representational and a totally recognisable form. The first day is very much preparation in assisting a mind set change to develop not only visual but holistic and emotional skills that open the mind to true expression.
Day two is a more personal journey using your own references. Along with your first days' experience you will produce at least one abstract piece. This workshop is not just about making a painting but learning how to develop an inner understanding of your creative self and expressing it through paint.
From construction and planning until completing at least one painting in the workshop session.
- Max will demonstrate how using simple visual shapes can become a semi-abstract painting using 'overlay' techniques and will help you to grow your personal insight as you paint. He will work with you in stages to ensure a complete understanding of method and process
- You will be shown how to lay out the objects provided and make an exploratory drawing
- Using the skeleton drawing you will be urged to use your paint within these to semi-abstract
- You will be asked to supply a set of references for your own use on day two that could be visual audio, kinetic and tangible or just a memory or emotion.
- No rules exist for paint colours or applicators and you may bring brushes, painting knives, plastic cards, sticks, pens, cloths or just your fingers anything to make a mark that works for you. Guidance for day two will be given on day one.
Tutor: Max Hale
Date & Time: Fri 25th - Sat 26th Aug, 10am - 4pm
Venue: Bingham Studio, New Brewery Arts
PRICE: £170 (£0.00 VAT)
All abilities welcome
What you will need:
All tools and materials will be provided.
Residential option available. Find out about our accommodation, costs and how to book here.