Making silk flowers is an art in itself. The Chinese have been perfecting this art for thousands of years. On this 2 day course you can learn how to make beautiful hand made silk flowers with real silk organza and cotton organdie, and metal fabric flowers used in Bridal wear.
Tutor: Dennise Innes
Date & Time: Friday 20th and Saturday 21st May, 10am - 4pm
Venue: Albright Studio, New Brewery Arts
PRICE: £150 (£0.00 VAT)
All abilities welcome
What you will need: materials provide but please bring with you:
- Pair of small wire cutters
- Sewing needles Milliners Straws 5-10 or 6-9
- Old bugle and seed beads that you can use as stamen. Cake staymen,
- A box to take home your flowers in
- A camera and note-book
Residential option available. Find out our accommodation, costs and how to book here.
On this course you will learn how to make:
- A pattern for your flower
- Bonding and stiffening the fabrics
- Making a stem and building up the petals on it
- Binding a stem and adding leaves
- From metal fabric making a large wired flower
- Making a stem for the metal flower
- Making stamen for the metal flowers
On this course you will come away with 2 flowers made and lots of tip and techniques for making them.
You will also come away with picture notes that you can refer to when making again.