Korky Paul is an international children’s book illustrator. On this one day masterclass he will teach you how to design and illustrate a double page spread for a children’s picture book and to prepare a presentation package to show prospective publishers. The workshop will be a mixture of an editorial-style meeting and practical work in the during the workshop.
Winnie and Wilbur © Valerie Thomas and Korky Paul, published by Oxford University Press
© Winnie the Witch illustration Korky Paul
What you will need:
All tools and materials will be provided.
However please bring the following:
- Portfolio of maximum 5 pieces of work you are proud of.
- A sketchbook if you have one.
- Two children’s picture books you love, but try to bring something that is not by a well known illustrators – something unusual.
- A short poem they would like to illustrate over a double page spread –can be your own, an existing one or written by a friend.
- Your chosen poem to be cleaned typed onto sheets of A4 with three copies.
Residential option available. Find out our accommodation, costs and how to book here.