A workshop for those wanting an opportunity to learn portrait from scratch or experienced artists wanting to develop their technique and skills. Paint a portrait using a live sitter using acrylic or oil paint. From construction and planning to completing at least one painting in the session.
Tutor: Max Hale
Date & Time: Wednesday 26th October, 10am - 4pm
Venue: Bingham Studio, New Brewery Arts
Some painting experience in either acrylic or oil painting needed.
What you will need:
All materials provided.
Residential option available. Find out our accommodation, costs and how to book here.
· The tutor will demonstrate the basics of portrait construction and will continue to work with you in stages to ensure a complete understanding of method and process
· You will be shown how to plan your portrait by sketching first
· How to lay out your palette and choose the appropriate colours to suit the subject including mixing flesh tones
· How to put down the under-painting, use a brush to draw out and block-in the initial tonal values.
· You will be taught to constantly reference the sitter and check measurements to ensure the proportions are correct as you continue to paint.
· As the day progresses they will be shown paint techniques and how to utilise brushes best to suit the work. Finally how to recognise when your work is finished