Raw Talent is a biennial exhibition at New Brewery Arts in Cirencester showcasing the very best work produced by the students and tutors of our extensive education and participation courses and workshops.
Exhibition dates: Saturday 26th May – Sunday 17th June
Each year New Brewery Arts delivers over 3500 hours of teaching time, across a broad curriculum of craft, ceramics, glass, textiles, painting and drawing, art history, digital media, jewellery and more. Our education programme is attended by people living in and around Cirencester and across the region (Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire) and, with our guest accommodation, from even further afield.
Raw Talent celebrates the work done by our students and their tutors. Each year we curate the work, and invite visitors to vote for their favourite work and we award a public vote prize of a one day workshop at New Brewery Arts.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS 5pm 11th MAY
A MaxIMUM Of one piece of work per student or tutor
Eligibility for entry
- All students taking part in a workshop or course from September 2017 - April 2018 are eligible to enter.
- The piece of work must have been largely produced at New Brewery Arts.
- Tutors are also invited to exhibit a piece of their work.
- Only one piece of work may be entered per student or tutor.
- The piece of work can be in any medium
- Your work will be insured by New Brewery Arts whilst it is on site.
- We will try and exhibit all work but if we receive a large number of entries this cannot be guaranteed, if we are unable to display your work we will give you a full refund.
- If the artwork is for sale there will be an entry fee of £15 plus 30% commission + VAT on sales.
- If not for sale, the entry fee will be £35 to cover costs of mounting the exhibition, gallery rent and invigilation.
Delivery of work
- All work must be taken to the gallery on Monday May 21st between 9.30am - 3.30pm and must be clearly labelled with your name and contact details, ready to exhibit. Please do not bring your work before this date.
- 2D work must be framed and ready to hang (mirror plates fitted, no clip frames).
Collection of work
- Please collect work which has not been sold on Tuesday 19th June .
- The public will be able to vote on their favourite artwork throughout the exhibition and the winner will be presented with a voucher for a 1 day workshop at New Brewery Arts
- Pegasus Art Stroud will also select two winners and award them each a £50 gift vouchers to spend in their shop.
- A private view will be held on Friday 25th May 5:30pm - 7pm for all exhibiting artists and their families.
- Please fill out the booking form below including a description of your work, the name of the course or workshop attended and the price of your work if it is for sale. If you have any problems please pop into the office or call us on 01285657181. The deadline for all submissions is 5pm on the 11th May.