Selling your crafts products online can give your profile and business a real boost. But where do you start? There are so many things to think about – from what software to use, to how to get yourself organised, to how to get interest and sales!
This one day workshop with Patricia van den Akker will help you to launch yourself online before Christmas. In this day we will do the following:
- Why is selling online so important for makers and creatives?
- What are the 9 different online opportunities to sell your creative products online? From easy opportunities you might have overlooked to your own website and more.
- The 9 steps to launch your website – from identifying the best software to planning out all the texts to launching. Patricia will share with you step-by-step what you need to do and prioritise. You will create your own action plan with deadlines to help you see what to focus on, and what your next steps need to be.
- How to get write good product titles and descriptions? Patricia will share with you some crucial tips to get found. You will do a creative writing exercise too for one of your own products.
- Top tips to launch your website successfully and start to get traffic to your site.
This workshop is aimed at creatives who are not yet selling online, or who have tried to launch their website by themselves but who are stuck and need help with planning their next steps. If you already have a live website or you want to rebrand an existing website then this workshop is less useful to you.
Please note that this is not a technical workshop e.g. we won’t be showing you any software. This workshop will help you to make the most of selling online and to help you plan the process to get your own website launched asap. Especially if you are stuck and have tried for a while then this workshop can help you to plan really practically and take the next steps to launch your site.
Tutor: Patricia van den Akker, The Design Trust
Date & Time: Sun 7th October, 10am - 4pm
Venue: Bingham, New Brewery Arts
PRICE: £110 (£0.00 VAT)
What you will need: A notebook and pen
Residential option available. Find out about our accommodation, costs and how to book here.